Act-3D has released Lumion 8, its real-time architectural visualization software. New features include:
- A new styles feature that enables users to change the whole look and atmosphere of a scene in one click using several presets.
- A new daylight simulator system called Sky Light.
- Soft Shadows and Fine Detail Shadows options to fine tune shadow effects.
- Hyperlight effect for boosting lighting quality and accuracy when rendering videos.
- A new hand drawn outline effect.
- A new Model and Material variation effect to switch and compare between design options.
- Improved colour correction and layer features.
- A new Time warp effect to offset animation.
- A tilt shift effect for model style output.
- “Look at fixed point” for the handheld camera effect.
- A 2-Point Perspective slider for correcting vertical distortion.
- Mass placement for curved shapes.
- New tools for measuring and using Open Streetmap.
- Many new materials and models in the included library.
- 4k video rendering.
Lumion is available in a Standard version for € 1499 and a Pro version for € 2999. A free trial is available. More on Lumion’s website