AXYZ design has released an update to Anima, its standalone crowd animation tool. New features of version 3.0.1 include:
- Support for Maxwell Render in 3DS Max
- Support for Cinema 4D R19.
- A new camera preset designed to resemble Unreal Engine’s controls.
- Improvements to workflow, adding a right-click option in the view-port for importing a background model.
- The model importer now supports non-8 bits per channel textures by converting them to the correct format.
- Anima Render node installations now have an option to access the configuration panel.
- Improvements to installation for users who have non-standard installation paths and the addition of a new shortcut created when installing that allows the user to configure the application before it starts.
- Many small improvements and bug fixes.
Anima costs € 249, a free lite version is available with unlimited still rendering features and restricted animation features. Also announced is a new casual collection of ready-posed character models that can be used with or without Anima. Read more on the AXYZ Design website.