Epic Games выпустила новое значительное обновление для Unreal Engine с несколькими новыми функциями :
- The ability to reduce output blur using a new temporal upsampling method that performs both a temporal accumulation of the frame at a lower resolution and primary spatial upscale.
- Support for dynamic resolution switching on XBox Pone and PlayStation 4 that adjusts resolution on the fly to maintain a desired framerate
- A unified AR framework for building augmented reality apps compatible with Apple and Google devices.
- Lights now use physically based units.
- A Maya Motionbuilder live link plugins that allow you to preview changes made in the apps in real-time in Unreal. This includes the ability to control Unreal’s editor camera by manipulating the active camera in Maya and support for motion controllers.
- Sequencer has been improved with the ability to copy, paste and duplicate tracks; reuse a level sequence in different coordinate spaces; use sequencer weight blending with blueprints and more.
- Landscape LOD system is changed from being distance-based to using screen size to determine the detail level.
- A new proxy LOD system for creating low Poly LODs with baked materials for multiple meshes. Currently, only windows is supported but it will be a replacement for SimplyGon.
- The ability to save parameter values to a new child instance or sibling instance in the Material Editor and the Material Instance Editor.
- An experimental material layering system enabling the user to combine and blend materials in a stack.
- An upgraded auto convex hull tool.
- The ability to share facial animations between characters by animating a curve to drive a pose without having any bone transforms.
- Several improvements to the cloth system.
- Animation tools have been improved with the addition of up to 4 viewports in animation editor viewports, the ability to follow and orbit specific bones, additional skeletal mesh component debug info, the ability to change the visibility of a skeletal mesh section at runtime and more.
- A new visualisation category for motion controllers to quickly add a display model.
- Support for VIVE Pro and several platform SDK updates.
- Many more feature improvements, blueprint updates, performance enhancements and more.
To see the full list of changes in Unreal 4.19 visit the Epic Game’s blog.